|Date Posted:||Wednesday, May 5th, 2021|
|Job Location:||Bellevue, WA|
|Required Skills:||Enterprise Solutions Architect/Developer|
Enterprise Solutions Architect/Developer
We are the leading provider of cloud-based Technology Business Management (TBM) software that helps CIOs manage the business of IT. Our suite of applications use business analytics to provide facts and insights about technology cost, value, and quality, so IT leaders can make faster, data-driven decisions.
Hundreds of customers, including 40 percent of the Fortune 100, choose us as their business system of record to align IT spending with business priorities. We are also backed by some of the world's most prominent financial institutions including T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Madrona Ventures, Shasta Ventures.
Are you an innovative results-oriented software designer with experience architecting, implementing, and integrating distributed commercial enterprise SaaS applications? Do you have a passion for engineering high-quality finance software solutions? How would you like to help bootstrap a new Application Lifecycle team at an IT-centric company in the midst of explosive pre-IPO growth? The Enterprise Application Architect – Finance will own the technical architecture for our internal financial technology portfolio, working with the business and technical teams to define and implement system requirements, aiming for consistency, reusability, and seamless integration.
In this role, you will:
• Lead and participate in initiatives to drive the continuous improvement of our portfolio of internal technical solutions and processes to ensure alignment between business strategies and technology roadmaps. Provide guidance to the business and technology teams around our application lifecycle strategy, as well as expert knowledge on enterprise application architecture. Lead and participate in team/project meetings and project planning.
• Drive the collaborative development of the finance technology strategy, standards, roadmaps, and best practices. Internalize and help refine the Application Lifecycle team’s posture and practices. Create and maintain related documentation.
• Lead technical design sessions and provide guidance and coaching to local and remote stakeholders. Provide strategic, technical, and architectural leadership for production troubleshooting, including “war room” activities, with a focus on quality of service.
• Design and review enterprise application architectures, ensuring standards are followed and designs align with business objectives. Ensure project deliverables are consistent with standards, methodologies, and best practices. Communicate implications of architectural decisions, issues, and plans to the business and to technical leadership.
• Define technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection, actively engage in procurement, and review technical approaches to help ensure coherent, extensible, and supportable system designs. Engage in applied research and development, prototyping, and vendor evaluations. Create and execute benchmark tests to validate scalability and performance of implemented solutions. Review and approve software purchases.
• Stay abreast of changes with technology applicable to finance solutions. Seek and capitalize on the opportunities to improve productivity, time to implement, quality, and cost effectiveness.
• Help instill a service-oriented culture of execution, operational excellence, accountability, transparency, and innovation. Execute efficiently and with high degree of quality to help meet departmental IT objectives in a cost-effective and customer-focused manner. Exhibit a high degree of professional flexibility.
• Ten or more years of software development and/or testing experience and three or more years of leadership/management experience.
• A four-year college degree in a technical field (or equivalent additional work experience).
• Expertise with multiple appropriate Internet technologies (e.g.: HTTP, HTML, XML, SOAP, etc.).
• Experience with architecting, implementing, and integrating distributed commercial enterprise SaaS applications.
• Experience engineering finance software solutions.
• Project leadership skills, including a strong understanding of project management and related tools (PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Visio, etc.).
• Excellent risk mitigation and process improvement skills.
• Experience leading and participating in multiple simultaneous engineering efforts.
• Sensitivity and political awareness when communicating with project and business stakeholders.
• Experience with the hiring process.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, including the ability to perform meticulous root cause analyses of technical issues.
• Strong knowledge of engineering methodologies, particularly with regards to systems integration.
• Exceptional communication skills – both written and oral (one-on-one and group) – and a track record as a mentor.
• A track record of maintaining and improving skills in existing and emerging technologies through training or self-research.
• Ability to review requirements, design documents, and software configurations.
• Ability to write detailed test cases and testing-related procedures.
• Ability to research and recommend tools and equipment, based not only on technical criteria, but also factors such as licensing fees, extensibility, supportability, etc.
• Ability to assess whether a project can be achieved within a proposed budget and schedule.
• Ability to manage time effectively in a fast-paced, customer-focused, changing environment.
• Predisposed with a positive, quality-oriented, reliable, and flexible attitude.
• Willingness and ability to be on call to fulfill after-hours commitments in support of production requirements.
• Master’s degree in a business-related or technical field.
• Experience with the finance enterprise applications in use (or likely to soon be in use): NetSuite/OneWorld, OpenAir, Concur, Coupa, Dell Boomi, Avalara, BlackLine, Salesforce, or our own TBM solutions.
• Agile development experience, particularly Scrum or Kanban.
• Experience working with teams in distributed geographical locations.
• Expertise with software security testing and performance testing.
• Certifications in relevant technologies.
• Strong presentation skills.
• IT budgeting experience.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about some serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!