|Date Posted:||Tuesday, October 12th, 2021|
|Job Location:||Omaha, NE|
|Required Skills:||Development, Environmental, HTTP, Project Manager, Product Manager, Management, Project, Project Management, Scientific, Scrum|
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Engineering Manager in the Space Operations & Environmental Solutions Operating Unit (SO&ES OU)- Operations and Maintenance Engineering Center (OMEC) at Offutt Air Force Base, Bellevue, NE. Successful candidate will:
* Serve as a SEMS Engineering Manager on the 557th Weather Wing Systems Engineering, Management, and Sustainment (SEMS) contract reporting to the local OMEC Engineering Manager.
* Be responsible for evaluation of current and anticipated project personnel requirements and to work with project management to assign software development staff to optimize contract performance. This includes monitoring budget and forecast expenditures and matching to project requirements to ensure program is properly staffed .
* Must understand, maintain an awareness of, and balance employee needs and Northrop Grumman project requirements.
* Responsible for day-to-day communications, performance assessment and feedback, career counseling, professional development, employee rewards and recognition, and resolving personnel issues for a staff of approximately 35-45 software engineers.
* Will serve as a primary point of contact for company issues, and for providing project up and down staffing support in a proactive and timely manner in conjunction with SEMS PM.
* Project staffing responsibilities include frequent coordination with, and advice given to, project management for requisition creation, interviewing, and hire/no-hire decisions.
* Expected to mentor employees, assist in resolving employee conflicts, and administer disciplinary actions where needed.
* Will be responsible for recommending employees for raises and promotions and working with project management in providing detailed employee performance feedback with periodic 1-on-1 meetings and annual performance appraisals.
* Routinely interact and support Software Resource Managers and Scrum Masters to support project activities
* Routinely monitor scrums, technical reviews, and assessments to support project and program activities
* Provide advice to SEMS PM on staffing, training, tools, and processes associated with Software Engineering.
* SEMS Engineering Manager will work for the local OMEC Engineering Manager in identifying, maintaining, and growing core competencies for the Space Operations & Environmental Solutions Operating Unit (SO&ES OU).
* Also assists local OMEC Engineering Manager with program activities such as staffing forecast preparation and PMR preparation.
* Other duties may include, but are not limited to: o Working annual survey coordination o Support of new business acquisition and task order proposals o Performing special projects o Working with Software Resource Managers and PM to track subcontract labor positions
* Provides leadership for - and actively participate in - OU and Engineering Center initiatives.
* Leads periodic Newcomer's Orientation sessions
* Solicit inputs for and support the publishing of the monthly staff communications to NG employees
* Support the conducting of periodic (3-4 times per year) NG All Hands
* Actively participate in periodic college recruiting activities
* Work with the ISRD Training Manager, SEMS PM and Omaha EC Lead to develop and follow up on individual and program training needs.
* Work with Human Resources to manage employee performance and/or behavioral issues should problems arise
* Bachelor's degree in a core engineering/scientific field of study plus 7 years of work related experience
* Minimum 5 years technical software experience
* Minimum 2 years' experience with Northrop Grumman.
* Must understand and support Northrop Grumman policies and culture
* Current Secret access.
* Candidate must possess a strong work ethic and be a motivated self-starter, a team builder and player, well organized, very flexible, and be able to multiplex among varying complex tasks.
* Candidate must have excellent time management skills and a proven ability to deliver on commitments.
* Candidate must also demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
* 2 or more years' experience managing teams. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-Nebraska-Omaha
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Information Systems
About NORTHROP GRUMMAN:
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, both in the products we deliver and in the way we conduct ourselves throughout the entire customer experience. Because, after all, we are in the business of securing a great deal more than just our place in the market. Our mission is to be at the forefront of technology and innovation, delivering superior capability in tandem with maximized cost efficiencies. The security solutions we provide help secure freedoms for our nation as well as those of our allies. Squarely meeting our obligations, fiscally and technologically, isn't just a business goal, but a moral imperative. To that end, as we evolve as a company, the responsibility we feel for our country and the citizens and troops we help support grows with us.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about some serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!