|Date Posted:||Tuesday, June 7th, 2022|
|Job Location:||McLean, VA|
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Java Software Development Analyst 4, to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. Where will you find innovation and technology? Right here at Northrop Grumman Corporation. The Virtual Development Center gives IT Professionals the opportunity to develop skills across different projects and try new technologies. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Postal Virtual Development Center, which is a 7 year, $6M program, responsible for providing IT solutions to different USPS divisions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Experience developing and maintaining a variety of JEE frameworks.
* Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
* Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
* Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
* Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
* Responsible for estimating effort based on requirements and adhering to estimates and timelines.
* Responsible for following project management and lifecycle development processes, procedures, and standards to meet extremely high quality assurance goals.
* Responsible for generating unit tests, test data and test scripts.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* 9+ years of experience working in web or software application development
* 6 years working with Java/JEE, JSP, Struts, Springs and object oriented concepts
* Demonstrated expertise in SOA concepts, including SOAP and REST service/client development
* Expertise with the Eclipse IDE and/or IBM Rational Application Developer, and related Java build tools and techniques
* Familiarity with Oracle and PL/SQL
* Good team working skills and meticulous attention to detail
* Must be able to obtain a USPS Sensitive clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Prior USPS experience.
* Demonstrated experience across all phases of lifecycle development
* Demonstrated success in key role on large Java development effort
* Ability to work directly with the customer via email, meetings and phone calls
* Familiarity with Agile software methodologies
* Experience across multiple IDEs and java containers
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-Virginia-McLean
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: No
Business Sector: Information Systems
Clearance: Position of Public Trust
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about some serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!