|Date Posted:||Friday, December 23rd, 2022|
|Job Location:||St. Louis, MO|
|Job Duration:||Over 1 year|
|Required Skills:||Bash, BIND, Brocade, Cisco, Configuration Management, Development, DNS, Hardware, HTTP, LAN, Linux, Management, Network Engineer, Networks, OpenView, Perl, PHP, Protocols, Python, Recruiter, Solaris, Switches, TCP/IP, Telecom, Unix, VMware, WAN|
DNS Network Engineer needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh's client located in St. Louis, MO.
Top Skills You Should Possess:
- DNS Design, Operations and Support (BIND,Nominum/Vantio/CS7)
- UNIX-based (*nix, Solaris, Linux) computer networks
- Nagios, Solarwinds, HP OpenView
- Network protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, NFS, BGP, DNS and DHCP)
- Radius / IPSec / IPv6 / DNSSEC
What You'll Be Doing:
- Responsible for leading design, development, implementation, and support of enterprise-wide subscriber facing Domain Name System (DNS) and along with their associated operating systems and databases.
- Responsible for Application Administration of DNS and related applications.
- Participation in full life-cycle of systems engineering activities of high-quality, scalable solutions.
- Assigned complex and critical projects that involve several technical systems and constituents.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation are met.
What You Bring to the Table
- Expert knowledge of DNS Design, Operations and Support (BIND,Nominum/Vantio/CS7, etc)
- Expert knowledge and experience with Radius / IPSec / IPv6 / DNSSEC
- Advanced knowledge in migrating/merging DNS systems together across acquiring companies
- Ability to collaborate with the design teams and advise team leaders
- Ability to maintain and administer UNIX-based (*nix, Solaris, Linux) computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Advanced experience with performance tuning, package installation, patch management updates, network and server management issues
- Advanced experience with System monitoring applications (Nagios, Solarwinds, HP OpenView, etc).
- In-depth knowledge of scripting languages to include perl, bash, php, and python
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN topology, network protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, NFS, BGP, DNS and DHCP), switches and firewalls
- Expert knowledge of troubleshooting tools (i.e tcpdump, netstat, iostat, traceroute, snoop)
- Experience with Configuration Management Systems (CFEngine, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with Load Balancer productions (Foundry, Brocade, A10, F5, etc) Protocols
- Experience with NTP Design, Operations and Support
- Advanced ability to conduct design sessions to specify solution designs for feasibility, cost, and functionality
- Advanced ability to create detailed documentation to functionally understand new and existing applications
- Advanced ability to follow and implement established change and control policies and procedures
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot application problems
- Strong ability to transform an operational need into a description of system parameters and incorporate those parameters in the control of the total system development to achieve an optimum, cost-effective balance of all system elements
- Advanced knowledge of network and systems engineering systems concepts and system/super-system skills, including NetApp, Cisco UCS, and VMware
About Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company:
Are you a .NET mastermind, world class DBA, Java guru or SAP pro? Perfect, because Yoh wants to match your career aspirations with the job demands of today.
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about some serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!