|Date Posted:||Tuesday, January 17th, 2023|
|Job Location:||Raleigh, NC|
|Required Skills:||Computer Operation Analyst (UNIX/LINUX) 2|
Northrop Grumman Information Systems is seeking a Computer Operation Analyst (UNIX/LINUX) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Raleigh, NC. This position is for an operations support analyst on the EDI / Data Transport systems team and is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and responding to alerts and issues. Position is on a highly visible team and ideal candidate needs to be organized and respond to situations as they are encountered and escalate as needed. Day to day activities include system administration and monitoring for multiple platforms including UNIX/Linux (HPUX, AIX, Solaris, RedHat Linux and Suse Linux) and Windows environments..
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Monitoring and remediating issues with alerts and notifications to support servers and other application tools.
* Troubleshooting and familiarity with Middleware components (Tuxedo, Weblogic, Runway, CTC, DB, Responding to alerts from automation and escalation from Level 1 Service Desk and incident, change and problem management activities.
* Responding to alerts related to file transfer issues or other data issues, and remediating these alerts.
* Assisting partners via email and phone to resolve transfer issues which could be related to server, network or other infrastructure components.
* Documenting issues and assisting with root cause analysis as needed. **NOTE: This is a shift position. Shift is Wednesday / Thursday from 12am - 8am and Saturday / Sunday 8pm - 8am. There will be 2-3 months of 1st shift M-F work for training and then migrate to the above hours. This shift is full time, no rotation, and very little likelihood of moving to another shift. CIVILED
* Bachelors Degree and 2 years of experience or equivalent experience.
* 2 years of experience UNIX/LINUX and basic trouble shooting skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Experience with Windows Operations systems, Office suite and Outlook email.
* Previous operations support duties
* Experience or understanding of EDI / B2B transactions
* UNIX / LINUX scripting- ability to write or at least understand
* Experience with communication protocols such as SFTP, SSH, AS2 and Connect Direct.
* Must be able to obtain Position of Public Trust Security Clearance.
* 3 years of hands on experience UNIX/LINUX
* 3 years of systems administration experience in a UNIX / LINUX distributed server environment. (HP-UX, AIX, SOLARIS, Suse LINUX, Red Hat LINUX)* 3 years of systems administration experience in a Windows server environment.
* 2 years of experience in an operational support team.
* Local to the Raleigh, NC area, this position does not provide relocation assistance.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Information Systems
Clearance: Position of Public Trust
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about some serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!