Entry Level Junior Software Developer Job
|Date Posted:||Wednesday, March 8th, 2023|
|Job Location:||Philadelphia, PA|
|Required Skills:||Entry Level Junior Software Developer Job|
Entry Level Junior Software Developer Job
Entry Level Junior Software Developer needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh's client located in Philadelphia, PA.
The Big Picture - Top Skills You Should Possess:
- One to three (1-3) years of relevant work experience, including extensive programming experience and strong Object Oriented skills.
- Experience in at least three of these categories of language families: Object Oriented (e.g. Java, C++, or C#), Scripting (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP), Systems (e.g. C, golang), and Functional (Lisp, Scala, Clojure, Haskell, F#, ML)
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Writing tested, production-ready application code
- Writing appropriate levels of documentation
- Participating in joint design and architecture sessions
- Building effective deployment and monitoring systems
- Operating and supporting production environments (including
- Performing code reviews
- Participating in software release and deployment activities
- Coordinating constructively with other team members
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Excellent software development skills: Java, Scala, Ruby, or Python; bash shell scripting
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Experience with high-scale, distributed web service development (hands-on experience with RESTful web services)
- UNIX / Linux background: facility with command command-line utilities; familiarity with system administration tools and concepts a plus.
- Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols, especially TLS and HTTP.
- Familiarity with data serialization formats like XML, JSON and protocol buffers
- We're interested in attracting a diverse set of candidates for this position. If you're not sure if you qualify, please err on the side of applying.
Bonus Points! Otherwise Known As Preferred Qualifications:
- Ruby or Scala experience.
What's In It For You?
- This is going to look great on your resume!
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here !
At Yoh, we focus on helping you easily navigate your career options. The truth is, we take the time to get to know you and your professional aspirations. Want access to those great opportunities that will augment your career path? We’ve got that too! Yoh covers the diverse talent and workforce management needs in Aviation & Defense, Engineering, Federal Services, Health Care, IT, Life Sciences, Media & Entertainment and Telecom industries. You can be confident that we have the right job match for you. You need a career. Yoh has it!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
San Francisco Bay Area
IT Jobs in Canada:
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
IT Jobs in the United States:
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about some serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!