|Date Posted:||Tuesday, September 5th, 2023|
|Job Location:||San Antonio, TX|
|Pay Rate:||$70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year|
|Required Skills:||Unix/ Linux Administrator|
Modis is looking for an experienced Unix/ Linux administrator to join one of our clients enterprise infrastructure team! If you are interested in this role please apply!
• Ability to trouble-shoot UNIX system related problems.
• Ability to develop, debug and maintain shell scripts.
• Ability to audit logs to ensure conformance to security standards.
• Ability to generates metrics to trend system performance.
• Ability to produce documentation related to any and all activities.
• Ability to understand and maintain system Logical Volume Manager (LVM) volume groups, logical volumes, and file systems.
• Ability to understand and maintain user accounts, group memberships, and printer configurations.
• Ability to perform data / operating system backups and recovery.
• Ability to initialize operating systems based on standards.
• Ability to Provision SAN-based disk storage, using storage vendor tools/procedures.
• Ability to understand and maintain RAID configurations, using storage vendor tools/procedures.
• Ability to schedule and perform software patches, upgrades and maintenance.
• Ability to schedule and perform hardware maintenance and firmware upgrades.
• Ability to tune systems and I/O for optimal performance.
• Ability to implement appropriate system and data redundancy measures.
• Ability to update and maintain assigned formal change requests.
• Ability to generate metrics to trend disk storage consumption.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Experience with AIX and LINUX (RedHat, Oracle Enterprise LINUX)
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about some serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!